Find out about what information we provide on this website and what we do with your contact information collected...
Contents are not Legal Advice
This website does not give legal advice. It is general information only. It does not cover the whole of the relevant law.
- The information, products or services on or available from this website C City Lawyers (or "C City Lawyers") are a summary only of matters relevant to General law.
- The information, products or services on or available from this website are not intended to be, nor should they be relied on, as a substitute for legal advice.
- No Solicitor-Client Relationship is created by the consumer perusing our web site.
- Any use that you may make of the information, products or services on or available from this website does not create or constitute a solicitor/client relationship between the user and C City Lawyers.
- The information, products or services on or available from this website is not to be relied upon as an alternative or substitute to a consultation with a legal practitioner during which you can obtain legal advice relevant to your own particular circumstances.
We recommend you contact a Legal Practitioner about your own particular circumstances.
Use of this Website
This document was created using a Contractology template available at www.freenetlaw.com.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. C City Lawyers makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, C City Lawyers does not warrant that:
- This website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter you should consult an appropriate professional.]
Limitations of liability
C City Lawyers will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- [to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if C City Lawyers has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit C City Lawyers liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by C City Lawyers negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of C City Lawyers; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for C City Lawyers to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, C City Lawyers has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against C City Lawyers officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect C City Lawyers officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as C City Lawyers.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
C City Lawyers respects your right to privacy and takes your privacy very seriously.
We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Australian Privacy Commissioner and as required by Australian legislation.
Information You Volunteer
If you send us an email or use the contact form, we will not use your personal information for any other purpose unless you give us permission.
Your email and contact details will not be passed on to any other organisation, unless required by law.
We collect personally identifiable information that you enter on the Website or otherwise volunteer to us (such as your name, e-mail address, credit card number, home address, phone number, and/or similar information), when you contact us to, among other things, make purchases or request information.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future experiences for you, improving our operations, and communicating with you.
Information Recorded Automatically
C City Lawyers respects your right to the privacy of your information.
As do many websites, this website's’ servers will automatically record information when you visit our website including:
- Your server address;
- Domain name (eg. .com, .au, .net, .gov, .org, etc)
- The type of browser and operating system you use;
- The type, and date and time of your visit;
- Which pages you viewed on our website;
- The time you spent on each page you visited and overall on our website;
- The previous website you visited;
- Which files have been downloaded.
This does not reveal to us or record any information about who or where you are.
This information is used for statistical purposes only. So that we can see how useful our site is and improve it we may publish statistics about how many visits we received, the length of the visit, the number and identity of pages accessed each visit, the search engine and search terms used to find us. This assists us in improving our website and assessing this website's usefulness.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other Websites
This site contains links to other sites. It is not practically possible for us to be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites and accordingly we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites you visit through a link from this website.